About Chez Pierre
Chez Pierre is located in one of the most magical places on the Garden Route:
Leisure Isle, Knysna
Whether your aim is to spend a quiet holiday, de-stress from your day job or just enjoy a tranquil walk along the lagoon, look no further.
Chez Pierre is a double story guesthouse with a beautiful, covered terrace and a deck going all the way to the pool. Chez Pierre is comprised of five double rooms with bathroom-en-suites, on an island in a park-like setting; a stone throw away from the lagoon. Breakfast is included in the price and an honesty bar will keep you refreshed whilst relaxing next to the sparkling pool. All the usual amenities will be at your disposal as you would expect from a comfortable house.
Meet Your Host
Hello, my name is Pierre
I was born and educated in Belgium and moved to the busy city of Johannesburg 30 years’ ago. I recently discovered this magical place called Knysna on the Garden Route between Cape town and Port Elizabeth, in the Western Cape of South Africa. My wife, Lynn, and I have created this gorgeous haven for our guests to relax and discover this beautiful part of Southern Africa.
I invite you to Chez Pierre to enjoy this piece of heaven, where you will stroll along the shores of the lagoon amongst the black oyster catchers, spoon billed egrets and Egyptian geese; through the island’s nature reserve towards the beach and it’s quaint marina. The surrounding areas are equally breath-taking and guaranteed to leave you inspired and rejuvenated.
Experience the magic of the Western Cape at Chez Pierre – situated on an island surrounded by a stunning lagoon, majestic mountains and the warm Indian Ocean, frequented by pods of dolphins and whales on a regular basis.
Things to do in Knysna
- Relax and sunbathe on the gorgeous beaches of Leisure Isle.
- Go mountain biking or hiking in the Knysna or Harkerville Forests.
- Learn to open oysters on the Knysna Lagoon.
- Grab your binoculars and go bird-watching in Knysna’s magical forests.
- Discover the Paquita Wreck submerged deep within the Knysna Lagoon.
- Play a round of golf at some of the top internationally-acclaimed golf courses in the area.
- Enjoy the view of the Indian Ocean from the Western Knysna Head with a glass of your favourite garden route wine.
- Walk through the Harkerville Forest and picnic under the infamous “Big Tree”.
- Take a Cultural Tour and interact with the local communities including the Rastafarian tours.
- Hike nearby nature trails and experience magnificent wildlife.
- Enjoy a sun-downer cruise on the Lagoon.
- Visit the local craft markets and art galleries.
- Get adventurous with sandboarding on the dunes.
- Enjoy Hydrofoiling, SUP and Kayaking on the Knysna Lagoon, Heads and Estuary.
- Aeronautical tours, skydiving and paragliding over the scenic Knysna landscape.
- Beer tasting at local artisan breweries.
- Take a drive through the garden route.
- African drumming experiences.
- Deep-sea and shore side fishing tours as well as sailing lessons and charters.
- Mountain bike and 4x4 trails.
- Snorkelling with the mystical Knysna seahorses.
- Picnic in various natural, picturesque locations.
- Experience the many wonderful dining options both on the Lagoon and in the surrounding areas.
- Seafood restaurants, lively bars, the quaint cafés and bistros, bakeries and other dining locations are well situated to complete your holiday experience.